Sunday, June 03, 2007

I'm a Dancin' Fool

This weekend was full of lots of dancing. First there was Peyton's ballet recital where she was clearly the cutest one. (See above.) She is taking from my old studio which excites me and makes me a bit nostalgic for my own dancing days. As you can see from the photo on the left, I was much more excited about Peyton's recital than she was. Believe it or not, I am starting back dancing again this summer. I have not danced in about 6 years, so this is big. I am frightened at the thought of my thighs in ballet tights, but I'm going to give it an honest try.


As though one day of dancing was not enough, Scott's grandparents had their 50th anniversary party today, and it was a square dance. When I say square dance, I mean do-si-do, fluffy skirts, swing your partner, real live square dance. I was definitely a wall flower, but a good time was had by all, and it was definitely an adventure.

I am now off to Yearbook Camp with a crowd of high school girls. I am the lucky chaperone, so I will be back in a few days when I will really feel as though my summer has begun. Go Yearbook! I think I get a free t-shirt.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Summer Reading Recommendations:

"Why Girls Are Weird" by Pamela Ribon (good beach read; really darkly funny)

"Confessions of a Recovering Slut" and "Bleachy Haired Honky Bitch" by Hollis Gillespie (some of the best stuff ever---do you know her? She writes a weekly column for Creative Loafing. Very Atlantan.)

"The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova (Beautifully written travel tale, the anti-horror version of Dracula)

"The Secret History" by Donna Tartt (one of the best mysteries ever, set at a New England, upper-crust college)


Those are just a few of my favorites that I'll read over and over again. You are welcome to come browse through my home library if you would like. :)

Hope you're doing well!