Monday, September 03, 2007

Yet another reason Billy Collins is my favorite contemporary poet.

Anyone who knows me knows that I adore Billy Collins. I heard him live a few years ago, and I consider it one of the more influential literary experiences I've ever had- comparable only with my summer at Cambridge. He has a way of making you laugh as you read his poems, yet there's always that twist that is poignant as well. His poetry is so accessible that you really don't have to be a literary buff or a lover of words to "get it."

This artist has taken audio of Collins reading his own work and added animation. Simply beautiful. Watch it.... it's worth it. [For some reason, I can't get it to embed on my site. You'll have to click on the link below.]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrEPJh14mcU

2 comments:

Brandybuzz said...

Very cool! I can totally relate to forgetfulness.

Andi said...

I'll definitely watch this one when I get home tonight. I adore Collins, too! In fact, a friend of mine did a great interview with him that we posted at Estella's Revenge a few months ago. I'll have to see if I can find the link.