Saturday, September 01, 2007

Books, Books, Books

Brandy posted this one, and I couldn't resisit.


What are you reading right now? Spenser's Sonnets and The Canterbury Tales for school, Why Moms are Weird for fun.

Do you have any idea what you’ll read when you’re done with that? Probably Norwegian Wood or Suite Francaise although my pleasure reading goes way too slow during the school year when I am reading other stuff as well. Half the time I fall asleep grading essays and I never open "my" book until the weekend.

What magazines do you have in your bathroom right now? None in the bathroom, but Southern Living and Real Simple on my coffee table.

What’s the worst thing you were ever forced to read? Pierre was a painful graduate school memory that I am still trying to forget.

What’s the one book you always recommend to just about everyone? Fair and Tender Ladies....if you don't fall in love with that book, I don't know what planet you're from.

Admit it, the librarians at your library know you on a first name basis, don’t they? Actually no because I usually buy. At discount rates nonetheless, but I am a buyer. There's just something about having your own copy.

Is there a book you absolutely love, but for some reason, people never think it sounds interesting, or maybe they read it and don’t like it at all? The Virgin Blue is a hard one to sell, but it's good, I promise!

Do you read books while you do other things? No way. I'm usually sucked in to the point of annoying anyone else who happens to be near me.

When you were little, did other children tease you about your reading habits? My friends were generally as dorky as me, so no. My sister, however, did and still does.


What’s the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn’t put it down? Special Topics in Calamity Physics. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. My best read all summer.

If you are a fellow reader, and you haven't done this one yet, then tag, you're it!

4 comments:

Brandybuzz said...

The Why Moms are Weird sounds good!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Katie! Hope you are doing well!

I loved perusing your blog. And I am going to check out Fair and Tender Ladies tomorrow!

Andi said...

Woooo, Norwegian Wood! And a friend of mine sent me Fair and Tender Ladies several years ago and I STILL haven't read it. Obviously, I'm a horrible friend. I'll bump it up in the stacks.

Lara said...

I stumbled across your blog and really like it. I have added the books meme to my own and you may have convinced me to start ....calamity physics. My dad got it for me and has been incessantly inquiring!