Friday, September 21, 2007

I have no excuse.

It's admittedly been a long time since I've last posted, and I have been busy, but who hasn't? This is always the time of the school year when I fall behind on doing the things I want to do because I become so overwhelmed with the daily grind. I'm giving myself a slap on the wrist for getting behind on my blog writing and my blog reading.

So what's new?

Well, I am teaching Macbeth to my British Lit students, and I had forgotten how much I like that play. It's so rare that you find a text in Brit Lit that actually has strong female characters, so I am enjoying these few days if for that reason alone. We just finished Book IX of Paradise Lost, and prior to that, only one kid knew what "patriarchal" meant, but now they all do. [Insert evil laugh here....] And yes, that will be on the unit test, boys and girls.

In other news, I have begun a great new book which I bought on a whim last weekend at a used bookstore, and I highly recommend it. There's so much to talk about, I wish I knew someone else who is reading / has read it. Anyone? I am thinking of this read next. Any reviews or advice on that one?

Being the adventurous pair that we are, Scott and I have opted for a Friday night in, so I'm off to open a bottle of wine now. We are saving money and resting up before our big concert tomorrow night. Hope all is well in the blogosphere, and I will be reading reading reading to catch up with bloggy friends.

Happy weekend.

2 comments:

Marg said...

I've read Snow Flower and thought it was an excellent read! I am looking forward to reading this author's next book!

Andi said...

Good to see you posting again! I haven't read Snow Flower, but I've heard nothing but wonderful fantastic things about it. I've also heard good reviews of Garden Spells, so that sounds like a good choice.

I know what you mean about getting beaten down by the grind right about now. I've been struck down by my first virus of the school year, and I'm home today. I'll think about all the things I need to do for a while and then go back to bed.