Saturday, September 05, 2009

Gratitude Post, 6 of 12


After last summer's big trip, Scott and I wanted to head somewhere low-key this year for summer vacation. Knowing this would be our last trip pre-baby, we also wanted somewhere different where we'd have the feeling of exploring a new place.

For my 6th gratitide post this year, I am grateful for our July trip to Cape Cod. The weather was perfect, our hosts were gracious, the scenery was beautiful, and the food was fabulous. All in all, it was one of the best vacations we've had together, and I can't wait to take Jude back one day!

I was unsure about how it would be traveling when I was 27 weeks pregnant, but everything was perfect. The weather was about 20 degrees cooler than it was here in Atlanta, so that helped my energy level considerably, and our decision to spend the Fourth of July in Hyannis made for such a memorable experience. I am grateful for the opportunity to see some New England coast and enjoy time together before our little family gets a lot bigger!

A view of Nantucket from the top of the Whaling Museum


Scott and me in Nantucket

The Fourth of July Parade on Main Street in Hyannis

Me - 27 weeks pregnant and in front of the Grist Mill in Sandwich, MA

Boats on the coast of Provincetown

The boardwalk at Yarmouthport

Scott and me at the Hyannis Harbor, stuffed with yummy seafood

No comments: