Thursday, June 26, 2008

Here, There, Everywhere.....

Wow. This blog is seriously suffering. I certainly have not placed this as a priority in quite some time - as evidenced with these massive gaps in posting. One of the reasons I love keeping a blog is to look back at it and see what I was doing, thinking, feeling at that moment, but when I post every 6+ weeks, it's not really reflective of that so I need to shape it up around here.
Let's see? A recap of summer thus far? Well, it began beautifully with a fabulous book discussion on one of my favorite books of all time. I met a college preofessor and a few English major nerds for brunch to discuss this book for my professor's special study on southern women reading southern lit. She recorded our conversation, and it was a good one. Visiting Ivy Rowe through the pages of Fair and Tender Ladies is like seeing an old friend. I have much more to say, but I am going to devote all of that to its own post later this week. I SWEAR.

After that, I went to yearbook camp - woo hoo. And then I had a nice long weekend with some college gals whom I don't see nearly enough of.

Here we are about 8 years ago:


And here we are last weekend in Seaside, Florida:


Funny how some things have changed and others......not so much. It was great ladies, and we better not wait so long next time. [The story behind that picture is actually funny. We were trying to get a picture with the camera timer, and some guy walked by and said he'd take it for us. We said "sure" but then I forgot to turn off the timer feature so he was just holding it awkwardly for ten long seconds - which is why we are laughing. It was weird...not to mention that he was walking on a dark beach all alone with a cigar. Odd.]


Aside from all of this, I managed to finish Belong to Me which was a great summer read - not too heavy but not entirely fluffy either. I came to really like the characters by the end of it. Now I am diving into Norwegian Wood which has begun fabulously and I am fighting the urge to sit here and read it when I finish this post instead of go to the gym like I need to.


In addition to all of these lovely novels, what have I been reading? Oh, just a few guidebooks for a little trip we are taking. Only one short week from now, I'll be gazing at these sights to name a few......



or maybe this......


then this ....


and finally this.....




London, Paris, Bruges, and Amsterdam!

Yipee. I am so excited and I'd love to know suggestions on food, cafes, sights, whatever.

We leave in 7 days.


So. Much. To. Do. It's a big summer.

1 comment:

Marg said...

Have a fantastic holiday! I cannot even express how jealous I am!